Build Your Business Dreams in 2015
2nd January 2015 | Rasheed Ogunlaru
Whether you're setting up a new business or growing an existing one, leading life/business coach Rasheed Ogunlaru has some Top Tips for a meaningful and productive 2015.
We tend to start each year with fresh hopes, goals, dreams, resolutions and aspirations. However, it's easy to get sidetracked within a few weeks. A few simple steps, actions and habits will help you to set effective goals, get confident, stay focused, take action and build momentum to progress towards them.
Here are my Ten Top ‘Soul Trader’ tips to help you focus, flourish and build a business that you and your customers will love. They’ll help whether you’re thinking, starting or growing your own business. You can also apply them to all aspects of your career and life.
Rasheed’s Top Ten Life/Business Tips
1) Clarity: know your skills, strengths, mission and values and work from them
2) Strategy - write or revise a SMART (specific, measurable, achievable and time scaled) 2 page strategy/ action plan for your business / life for the next 3-5 years
3) Priorities – Identify 2-3 clear specific essential priorities of what you want /need to achieve in 2015. Keep these in mind every day so you stay on track
4) Flexibility – everything changes including our goals – be alert and adaptable
5) Creativity – be resourceful, seek solutions, always looks for ways to progress
6) Connectivity: get out and about in person and online - and build and develop a network of strong relationships to help you, customers and your contacts
7) Reliability: Always provide an excellent product / service – seek to excel
8) Personality – be positive, professional and memorable - stand out
9) Possibility: foster a positive mindset: believe in you, others and your product
10) Opportunity – be proactive- seek opportunities and make them.
Balance: It’s not all about work to succeed, you need balance and perspective. So it’s also important to take time out and have time for yourself, your health and for family, friends and fun.
Top Tip: I actually recommend you put this time in your diary first so that it actually happens. Finally also put in time to regularly step back and review where you are, where you’re heading and what needs addressing.
If you’re looking to set goals, get inspired, take action and boost your confidence and effectiveness in 2015 join Rasheed for his Soul Trader; your life, your business workshops at the British Library. Details here.
More about Soul Trader and Rasheed Ogunlaru:
Special New Year Offer: Get your year off to a flying start. As a special Kogan Page offer you get £20 off the Soul Trader Coach Yourself programme with Rasheed Ogunlaru! Simply click here for more details.