Few retailers understand how to adapt to the different needs and backgrounds of international travellers. Harness the burgeoning levels of tourism and learn everything you need to get travellers engaged with your business and spending money, with insight from LVMH, Harrods, CHANEL and more.
The modern traveller is an enigma. These potential customers, young and old, are in search of memorable experiences, just as much as physical products. They want to make their trip unforgettable, while minimizing their impact on the environment.
Leading Travel and Tourism Retail is an invaluable guide for any retail professional who wants to benefit from the increasing number of travellers who are venturing abroad ready to spend money, on everything from luxury goods and souvenirs to cultural activities and experiences. Engaging and accessible, it covers everything from creating a business plan and analyzing the competition, to product considerations and the role of technology and data, offering a glimpse behind the inner workings of some of the best-known brands in the world.
Delivering invaluable insight through fascinating interviews from high-profile professionals including Group President of LVMH Retail, CEO of Harrods, and President of CHANEL foundation, this is a must-have handbook for achieving retail success in the continually evolving, multifaceted world of travel and tourism.
FULL LIST OF CONTRIBUTORS:
- Jacques Stern, CEO of Global Blue Tax Refund
- Stephen Bebis, former CEO of Brookstone Gadget Stores
- Andrea d'Avack, former President of Chanel Perfumes & Cosmetics worldwide
- Christine Comaford, founder of Smart Tribes Institute
- Frances O'Grady, Secretary General of the Trade Union Congress, UK
- Desiree Bollier, Chair & Chief Merchant of Value Retail, creator and operator of The Bicester Village Shopping Collection
- Taylor Safford, President & CEO of Pier 39 entertainment & shopping complex, San Francisco
- Craig Robins, Founder & Owner of the Miami Design District Development, Florida
- Louis de Bourgoing, former International Chairman of WH Smith
- Dan Cockerell, Former Vice President of Disney's Magic Kingdom
- Michael Ward, Managing Director of Harrods, London
- Malik Fernando, Director of Dilmah Tea & Luxury Resorts, Sri Lanka
- Tine Willumsen, Founder of The Diversity Council, Denmark
- Jonathan Chippendale, CEO of Holition Technologies & Former Managing Director of De Beers Diamonds (Middle East)
- Paul Samuels, Executive Vice President & Hugo Brady, Vice President of AEG Entertainment Group
- Ravi Thakran, Group Chairman of LVMH Asia
- Jason Holt CBE, Chairman of the Apprenticeship Ambassador Network, UK Department of Education
- Ben Zifkin, Founder & President of Hubba.com, NY
- Lesley Batchelor OBE, Director General of the Institute of Export & International Trade