Reinventing the Product
How to Transform your Business and Create Value in the Digital Age
FREE UK and US delivery
About the book
Create the personalized and compelling experiences that today's customers expect by harnessing AI and digital technologies to create smart connected products, with this cutting-edge guide from senior leaders at Accenture.
Digital technology is both friend and foe: highly disruptive, yet it cannot be ignored. As traditional products transform into smart connected products faster than ever before, companies that fail to make use of it now put themselves in the firing line for disintermediation or even eradication.
However, digital technology is also the biggest opportunity for product-making businesses to create the next generation of goods in the marketplace. In Reinventing the Product, Eric Schaeffer and David Sovie, both Senior Managing Directors at Accenture, show how this reinvention is made possible, to deliver truly intelligent, and often even autonomous, products.
Reinventing the Product makes the case for companies to rethink their product strategy, innovation and engineering processes, including:
- How to harness the opportunities of AI and digital technologies, such as IoT sensors, blockchain, advanced analytics, cloud and edge computing
- Practical advice on transforming their entire culture to build the future of successful 'living products'
- Features case studies from global organizations such as Faurecia, Signify, Symmons and Haier and interviews with thought leaders from top companies including Amazon, ABB, Tesla, Samsung and Google
This book provides the only advice any product-making company needs as it embarks on, or accelerates, its digitization journey.
About the authors
Eric Schaeffer leads, as a Senior Managing Director, Accenture's Product Industry X.0 practice, bringing together services across innovation, engineering and product development, manufacturing and digital operations, and product services optimization. He is also the Global Lead for Accenture's Industrial practice, helping automotive, industrial equipment and infrastructure companies to digitally reinvent their businesses and create a new level of innovation and efficiency across the extended connected value chain.
David Sovie is Senior Managing Director at Accenture, and Global Lead for High-Tech Industry where he helps clients digitally reinvent their business across the entire value chain. He also leads the Industry X.0 consulting unit for Accenture's Communications, Media and Technology group, which provides digital transformation services across the innovation, engineering, manufacturing and product support business functions.
- Eric Schaeffer and David Sovie bring some great new insights into the product arena of the future that have broad implications. With grounded skill and enthusiasm Reinventing the Product makes a stringent case for companies to rethink their product strategy, their product road map and their digital capabilities.
- Patrick Koller, CEO, Faurecia