Solutions for Authors
Why Publish with Kogan Page?
At Kogan Page, we create opportunities for authors to demonstrate their expertise and to reach new markets. As a leading independent publisher we:
- Have over 50 years’ experience in global publishing
- Publish award-winning books from the world's leading business experts
- Put our authors at the heart of our operation
- Care about every book we publish
We welcome book proposals in all of our publishing areas. Please carefully read our guidelines and learn how to submit a book proposal.
What We Offer Our Authors
- Subject-expert commissioning editors who will support you throughout the writing process with feedback and reviews
- Global marketing through social media, PR, events, media partners, and direct marketing
- Global sales into all major retailers and wholesalers in over 90 different territories
- Translation rights sold into 50 different languages at international book fairs including London, Frankfurt and Beijing
- Digital distribution through 30 different platforms including Kindle, Apple and Google, and library and academic platforms such as ProQuest, Netlibrary and 24/7
- Production, distribution and licensing of audiobooks
We put our authors at the centre of our company values. Kogan Page C A R E S:
Collaborative - We work closely with our authors, third parties and other stakeholders to produce the very best in business publishing.
Aspirational - We work hard to create opportunities for our authors by looking at new ways to present content and reach global markets.
Responsible - We never forget that a book is the culmination of an author’s extended research and experience, and we endeavour to ensure that the very best service is provided to ensure its success.
Engaged - We work hard to create the very best publishing experience for our authors.
Smart - We have developed and implemented innovative solutions including digital platforms, online courses, agile distribution and global information feeds to support the global discoverability of titles.
“I have been a Kogan Page author for 40 years and 11 of my books are still in print…. over half a million copies have been sold. These facts alone indicate the quality of the marketing and sales functions at Kogan Page.”
- Michael Armstrong, the UK's bestselling author of Human Resource Management books
“Kogan Page are a joy to work with. At each stage of the process they are genuinely collaborative, working to find the best solutions in terms all the way from initial concept design through to marketing of the final product. In between, the editing process is properly professional. I have never regretted using Kogan Page and look forward to working with them in future.”
- Jo Owen, Multi-award-winning leadership author, keynote speaker and social entrepreneur and founder of charities including Teach First
"To be published by Kogan Page is to become part of a family. They are always supportive at the writing stage, deeply respectful of the finished work and tireless on the promotional beat. I've written seven books with Kogan Page and have always appreciated their personal touch."
- Mark Tungate, Journalist, advertising and branding lecturer and director of the Epica Awards
“Working with Kogan Page has been an unmitigated delight. Not only in terms of writing and editing my book, but in the post-publication process, where so many publishers fall short. Kogan Page is committed to the publicity and promotion of its books and authors. As an author, it's a delight to work with such a professional and committed partner.”
- Rebecca Lieb, Strategic advisor, research analyst, keynote speaker, author, and columnist
“The team at Kogan Page manages the impossible balancing act of being on the one hand very open and friendly and on the other extremely professional. It’s small enough that you have a tight-knit, expert team but it’s large enough to be a major player in its field, and has the accumulated knowledge of 50 years in the business.”
- Donald H Taylor, Chairman of the Learning Technologies Conference and the Learning and Performance Institute