- Business, Finance, Risk & Information Management
- Marketing & Public Relations
- Human Resources, L&D, Coaching & CIPD
- Logistics, Operations & SCM
- Employability, Careers & Entrepreneurship
- Online Learning
- About Us
- View All Books
- View All Series
- View All Authors
Submit a Book Proposal
Thank you for considering publishing with Kogan Page. Read more about our solutions for authors and why you should publish with us.
We publish award-winning content from the world's leading business experts to help organizations and professionals develop the skills, competencies and knowledge to thrive. Our core subject areas include:
- Business & Management
- Human Resources and Learning & Development
- Marketing & Communications
- Logistics, Supply Chain & Operations
- Skills, Careers & Employability
- Inspired Thinking
- Risk, Compliance & CSR
- Accounting, Finance & Banking
- Digital & Technology
If you have a book idea on any of these subjects then we'd love to hear from you.
The Book Proposal Process
Writing a book is a major undertaking. At Kogan Page, we firmly believe that the first step towards getting your idea developed into a published project is an exciting and well-conceived proposal. There are 3 steps to the process:
Step 1: You Prepare Your Proposal
Many authors are eager to dive straight into the writing of their book, but it’s worth spending time on the proposal.
Your book proposal will give us a clear idea of the project you have in mind and help us to think about potential markets and how to reach them. A good proposal will also provide a solid framework for you as you work on the manuscript, becoming a basis for the structure, content and approach of the project.
Please read and review our Book Proposal Preparation Guidelines (pdf) for more information on what to prepare during this step of the process.
Step 2: We Evaluate Your Proposal
After you submit your proposal one of our expert editors will review it and write to inform you of the outcome.
If we accept the proposal, we may make editorial suggestions for you to consider before the editor presents the project for official approval.
Step 3: We Approve Your Book for Publication
If you have made it this far and we decide to publish your book, then congratulations! We will send you a contract and assign you a team of editors who will work with you on a schedule for the editorial development and book production.
We’ll be there to help you every step of the way and look forward to seeing your book in both print and ebook formats.
Submit Your Proposal
When you are ready to submit your book proposal, please email it to the appropriate editor as outlined in our Book Proposal Preparation Guidelines (pdf).
For general editorial enquiries, please email email@example.com.
“Kogan Page are wonderful to work with. They challenge, support and help you deliver the best possible book and then apply leading-edge marketing to propel book sales further.”
- Allan Esler Smith, fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
“Kogan Page have always been fantastic in offering support, guidance, expertise and a smile when it’s needed. Without this help and motivation, I’m certain my book would not have been the success it has.”
- Simon Kingsnorth, senior digital leader and strategist
"I published my first book with Kogan Page and was really impressed with the personal involvement of the whole team in the success of the book. They really listened, cared and challenged me which is what you need as an author. That’s why I published with them again!"
- Stephen Frost, leadership, communications and inclusion expert and the former Head of Diversity and Inclusion for the London Organizing Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (LOCOG)
“When you work with Kogan Page you find people committed to unleashing new authors and seasoned writers' work. My experience was one of support, openness, challenge and most of all, dedicated help.”
- Perry Timms, founder of People and Transformational HR Ltd, the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Social Media and HR adviser