Burgos Wind Farm Project - Philippines - Carbon Neutral Britain
Our commitment to sustainability covers a wide range of social and economic activities. As a company, we are continually improving our environmental impact and the way we work with colleagues, authors, customers and business partners.
Kogan Page is committed to operating with a sustainable publishing model and is proud to have become a certified carbon-neutral business.
- We support both the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals framework and the use of international sustainability reporting standards (GRI).
- We support and accelerate positive change within the publishing industry, participating in industry initiatives such as the Publishers Association Sustainability Taskforce, the Green Book Alliance and the IPG Sustainability Action Group.
- We are a founder signatory to the Publishers Association sustainability initiative, Publishing Declares.
- We will ensure that our vendors, suppliers and partners demonstrate a commitment to sustainability and recognize that the path to a sustainable future is a shared task.
- We are proud of our publishing on the topic of sustainability and the expert information we are able to offer on how organizations and individuals can make a positive difference to the environment. Our publications on sustainability and the circular economy can be found here.
We are proud to have partnered with Carbon Neutral Britain to calculate and offset Kogan Page Ltd's carbon footprint, to become certified as a Carbon Neutral Business.
Despite the growth in access to digital content, printed books still account for the majority of global sales. It is therefore essential that the biomass components used in the manufacture of our products are sustainably procured, and that our contracted vendors have effective Environmental Management Systems in place to minimize waste and recycle potentially harmful products.
All our print vendors are both ISO 14001 and FSC Chain of Custody accredited, and we audit their credentials annually. Evidence can be provided on request.
Our IT equipment is recycled by a fully ISO 9001/14001 certified vendor and personal data on recycled equipment is disposed of in full compliance with GDPR and the information security requirements in ISO 27001.
We recycle as much paper, packaging and other waste as possible. We encourage our staff to reduce their consumption of non-recyclable materials and to adopt more sustainable practices towards printing and shipping.
Cycle to Work Scheme
Kogan Page Ltd offers a cycle-to-work scheme, enabling employees to save 25-39% of the cost of a new bike and accessories, enabling carbon-saving commute options where applicable.
Last updated: 30 September 2021