Behind the Book: Strategic Tendering for Professional Services
Matthew Fuller and Tim Nightingale, authors of Strategic Tendering for Professional Services, discuss what is different about strategic tendering for professional service firms.
They mention 5 key areas:
- The book is tailored to professional service firms and based on information from those within these areas - for example, accountancy, management consultancy, advertising, legal, architecture
- This book is a practical guide, not an academic guide, with real-life experiences
- The book looks at the whole life cycle of the process
- They consider how the strategic tendering process affects all different aspects of the organization and the people's roles
- They discuss how pitching fits into the wider relationship management process
Tim and Matthew have nearly 50 years' experience of working for professional services firms. Matthew Fuller has worked at Allen & Overy, Herbert Smith Freehils and is currently EMEA BD Director for White & Case. Tim Nightingale founded Nisus Consulting in 1995 as a specialist research and CRM consultancy working across the professional services market.