Want to start reading immediately? Get a FREE ebook with your print copy when you select the "bundle" option. T+Cs apply.
How Being Yourself Makes You a Better Leader
FREE UK and US delivery
About the book
WINNER: Business Book Awards 2022 - Leadership
Your biggest asset in leadership is you. How can you expect people to trust and believe in you, if you aren't truthful and don't embrace your whole self at work?
There is a need for a new kind of leadership; one that bleeds personality and rings true to employees and customers alike who crave authenticity. You Lead argues that business leaders deliver superior results, communities of engagement both inside and outside of the company and true values-driven success when they are themselves and come across as genuine.
Bestselling author, Minter Dial, shows readers how embracing your whole self at work encourages people to also be themselves, seek true fulfilment at work and merge the personal and professional to become true examples of what you stand for. You Lead is a call to arms to leaders to stop pretending to be who they are not, and play on their uniqueness and strengths, to allow people to do the same and develop a culture of authenticity and purpose.
With practical advice, real-life stories and a simple framework, this book shows you how you can:
- Be yourself, lead by example and merge the professional and personal
- Stand for something and allow people to develop true purpose at work
- Allow a community to flourish through the right kind of governance model
- Radiate your purpose through employees and customers alike for long-term performance
About the authors
- In You Lead, Minter Dial has written a refreshingly original and necessary book on leadership. By helping leaders be themselves - and better versions of themselves, at that - this form of new leadership will help drive not just better engagement, performance and business results; it will also help toward improving another important issue which is mental health and wellbeing in the workplace. A must-read.
- Suki Thompson, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Let’s Reset, Executive Director, Xeim and Chair, Oystercatchers