Want to start reading immediately? Get a FREE ebook with your print copy when you select the "bundle" option. T+Cs apply.
New Directions in Supply Chain Management
FREE UK and US delivery
About the book
Logistics and supply chain management is at the heart of almost every organization globally, as such, developing a well-rounded understanding of these areas has never been more important. Learn from leading sector specialists about key topics, such as supply chain leadership, resilience, technology, design, and more with this guide.
Global Logistics is the comprehensive guide to understanding the international and complex landscape of modern logistics and supply chain management. The book features expertise from over 30 contributors including leading academics, such as Martin Christopher, Alan McKinnon and Steve New, and experienced consultants to leading firms, such as Alan Braithwaite and Patrick Daly. A global approach has been taken, with input from over a dozen countries, and state-of-the-art research is situated alongside expert practical guidance. Covering a range of topics from supply chain strategy, risk management and sourcing to relationship management, resilience and ethics, Global Logistics is essential for those studying or working in logistics and supply chain.
Now in its 8th edition, Global Logistics is fully revised and restructured. Readers will learn how to improve logistics, supply chain management and operational effectiveness as well as how to navigate global supply chains, ensure sustainability and engineer for the future. This new edition also covers:
- the impact of leadership and talent management in logistics
- how to maximize the potential of technology, industry 4.0 and digitalization
- the ways in which different types of performance can be measured and optimized
About the authors
Edward Sweeney is Professor of Logistics, based in the Centre for Logistics & Sustainability at Heriot-Watt University , UK. He has held full-time academic posts at Technological University Dublin, the University of Warwick and the University of Technology, Malaysia (UTM), as well as visiting positions at several institutions in Asia and North America. Edward's research has been widely published and he sits on the editorial boards of several leading international supply chain journals. He has worked in close collaboration with many of the world's leading companies across many sectors including electronics, food and drink, life sciences and logistics.
Donald Waters is a retired Professor of logistics and operations management. He worked at various universities including the University of Calgary, Canada.
- Supply chains are fundamental to the global economy. There is a now a need to rethink the concept of resilience and to tackle the challenges of achieving net zero emissions and continually evolving consumer demands. This latest version of Global Logistics addresses those issues and provides those in logistics and supply chain operations with valuable and current thinking from which we will all benefit.
- Kevin Richardson, Chief Executive, Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT), UK