This challenging book reflects the intense discussion that is taking place on the nature of public relations and how it develops and supports management strategy. It links models and theories of strategic management to the PR function and discusses how globalization and the Internet are changing organizational PR strategy.
This new and updated version of Public Relations Strategy explains how PR lies at the heart of sound, ethical corporate communication as a core strategic management function. The new edition explores the following topics:
- PR as strategic and issues management
- the governance role of PR within organizations
- attaining and maintaining reputation
- internal communication as PR strategy
- online/offline media relations
- research matters: exploration and evidence
- managing ethics and evaluation in PR programming
Including many new international case studies, this fully updated, third edition of Public Relations Strategy is a useful addition to the thinking practitioner's library, and an invaluable learning tool for students undertaking examinations in PR and related disciplines.