Want to start reading immediately? Get a FREE ebook with your print copy when you select the "bundle" option. T+Cs apply.
Clubhouse Guidelines for Authors
What is Clubhouse?
Clubhouse is an invite-only, audio-based social media app (no videos or photos beyond profile pictures) that allows users to listen to live conversations, interviews, panel discussions and presentations within chat rooms.
Clubhouse currently has:
- 10 million users (April 2021)
- 2 million weekly active users
- Active users spend an average of 11-22 hours a week on the app
How to get started
- To get access, you need an invitation from an existing Clubhouse user. That said, you can download it from the app store, reserve your username, and join the waiting list.
- Once you’re in the app you can join any open rooms and listen to the talks. If you want to jump in, raise your hand for the speaker to invite you up onto the “panel” to join the discussion.
- Any Clubhouse user can start a room about a topic they find interesting, opening the room up to guests and deciding who gets to speak. There are also ‘clubs’ within the app based around specific topics and discussions which people can follow and be invited to join.
- To create a club (in which you will be considered the founder), you must have already hosted a room at least three times.
Leveraging the app
- Add value to rooms by engaging with talks your area of expertise and book topic.
- Host your own talks and create a club where you can build a community that will engage with your work.
- Signpost audiences to your work and social media pages where they can connect with you via your profile page.
- Hosting your book launch on the app
- Host panels and interact with other influencers in the area around new/trending topics
- Discuss/interview one of your case studies on the app and allow people interact with your talk
(Be careful not to give away all your book content for free!)
If you’d like more information on Clubhouse visit: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/how-to-use-clubhouse