- Business, Finance, Risk & Information Management
- Marketing & Public Relations
- Human Resources, L&D, Coaching & CIPD
- Logistics, Operations & SCM
- Employability, Careers & Entrepreneurship
- Online Learning
- View All Books
- View All Series
- Browse Authors
What does being a partner in the 21st Century actually mean? - Press Release
2nd September 2016 - How to Make Partner and Still Have a Life: The Smart Way to Get to and Stay at the Top
What does being a partner in the 21st Century actually mean?
The ultimate prize in the world of professional services is making partner, written by Heather Townsend and Jo Larbie, How to Make Partner and Still Have a Life is the definitive guide to fulfilling your potential, becoming a successful partner - and still having a life outside work. This book:
- Is written to meet the needs of professionals in practice who want to successfully take the step up to partner - and who want to have a life outside work as well.
- Demonstrates and describes exactly how to adapt and develop the skills, attitudes and behaviours essential for promotion to partner.
- Offers a route map for this challenging career path to enable professionals to structure, plan and focus their development, supported by practical exercises, diagnostic tools, templates and case studies.
Drew Moss, Head of Learning and Organisational Development, BDO Australia, praises How to Make Partner and Still Have a Life, calling it “This is the go-to resource for anyone with ambitions of making Partner. Superbly written and bursting with practical tips, tools and advice, this is without doubt the definitive resource for any current or future Partner.
Further commendation from Drew Moss, Head of Learning and Organisational Development, BDO Australia “This is one of the best roadmaps you will find to help you get to partner and stay there.”.
About the author: Heather Townsend helps professionals and firms become the go-to-expert. Over the last decade, Heather has worked with over 100 partners, coached and developed 1000+ professionals in the UK's most ambitious professional practices.
Jo Larbie is a leading thinker in the world of talent management for professional service firms. She has over 20 years’ experience in organisational and leadership development and as a lawyer, HRD Director, consultant and executive coach. She has been personally responsible for many hundreds of professionals successfully taking the step up to partner.
About Kogan Page: Kogan Page is the leading independent global publisher of specialist professional books and content with over 700 titles in print. Its authors come from some of the world’s most prestigious academic institutions, international commercial organisations or professional associations in Leadership, Management, Marketing, Branding, Human Resources, Coaching, Logistics, Entrepreneurship and Careers. Follow @KPMgmtLeaders for information about new books and business insights from author experts.
For a review copy, a by-lined article or to arrange an interview with the author, please contact Philippa Artus: PArtus@koganpage.com or +44 (0)20 7843 1925.
45 Gee Street, London, EC1V 3RS, UK | 1518 Walnut Street, Suite 1100, Philadelphia, PA, USA