Brands are built on trust, but in a post-truth world they're faced with a serious challenge: so much of modern life is defined by mistrust. A shattering of the vital trust connection between brands and consumers, together with the evaporation of authenticity as a core brand pillar, is causing enormous problems for businesses on a global scale. If a brand isn't seen as trustworthy, then when choice is available it will be rejected in favour of one that is.
The Post-Truth Business provides a way forward for any organization wishing to rebuild brand authenticity in a distrustful world. It explains the interconnected problems facing businesses, with important topics including:
- The impact of fake news, disinformation and the weaponizing of lies
- The safeguarding of privacy, alongside privacy as a tradable asset
- Why and how brands must create communication with meaning
- The dangers of inauthentic cultural marketing activities
- Examples of conscious capitalism and brand activism
- Lessons in authenticity from artisans and innovators
- National branding and reputation capital
- Leveraging the power of 'brand trust'
The Post-Truth Business shows how to strengthen consumer engagement by closing the 'brand credibility gap'. It's packed with examples of inspiring people, brands and international campaigns from the fashion, beauty, outdoor, motor, drinks, finance, media, technology, entertainment and health sectors. Each of them demonstrates a dynamic and positive way forward.
At a time when there is so much disruption, trust is more important than ever. <b><i>The Post-Truth Business</i></b> provides invaluable insight into how brands can earn trust and play an authentic and meaningful role in consumers' lives. Sean has always had a knack for uncovering human truths and cultural insights, and he delivers again with <b><i>The Post-Truth Business</i></b>. It's a must-read and its publication couldn't be more timely.